Job Title : Underground Shift Engineer
Department : Underground Mine
- Observes HSE rules adopted by the Company in accordance with all country legislation,
company policies, Standard Operating Procedures, safety warnings, memoranda, circulars,
- Completes all pre-start checks prior to use of an equipment.
- Inspects, reports and scales (when needed) loose or fallen rocks and collapse danger on
- Reports all incidents, accidents or near misses.
- Conducts toolboxes with associated personnel on a routine basis.
- Organizes drilling, blasting, support, service works, shotcrete, scaling and all other activities
under control and knowledge of superiors.
- Maintains all works in underground within mining instructions of Mine Technical Office and
standard operating procedures of OHS department.
- Determines blasting areas in blasting operations. Ensure explosives and detonators
dispatched separately, explosives charged properly according to blasting patterns,
detonations made securely and in time.
- Records all production actions, equipment status and breakdowns, actual ore and waste
production, occupational accidents. Prepare and deliver shift reports to superiors.
- Informs next shift engineer/boss about general situation of the faces, locations and
situations of equipment and organize the ongoing shift together.
- Makes sure that appropriate personal protective equipment used in underground related
with the work being done.
- Monitors ventilation operations in underground, make sure fans and ventilation tubes
placed properly by instructions of ventilation engineer.
- Organizes shift lists and vacations of subordinates.
- Ensures the protection of all tools and equipment; write a minute to employees that break
rules and who doesn’t control equipment before use and improper use.
- Supports geological engineer, sampler, surveyor etc. in underground and provide necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of CAD based computer software such as AutoCAD, Datamine, Surpac etc.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as a mining engineer in underground mining
Please send your detailed resume with Ref: USE to firstname.lastname@example.org