Job Title : Underground Mine Surveyor
Department : Underground Mine
- Observes HSE rules adopted by the Company in accordance with all country legislation,
company policies, Standard Operating Procedures, safety warnings, memoranda, circulars,
- Completes all pre-start checks prior to use of an equipment.
- Inspects, reports and scales (when needed) loose rocks on visited galleries.
- Coordinates with Shift Engineers, Geotechnical Engineers, Underground Mine Geologist and
Shift Boss and other production supervisors the survey plans.
- Computes volume of ore in mine, using survey data. Surveys and calculates volume of
material deposits, spoil piles, or veins, and amount of overburden to be removed.
- Performs routine surveys of development and production headings including Cavity
Monitoring System surveys of stopes, when required.
- Reports survey data from underground in the appropriate format.
- Takes necessary measurements by working in coordination with the production unit.
- Ensure that surveying equipment are used properly and safely.
- Performs calculations to determine the accuracy of measurements, keep records of
measurements and calculations, and prepare sketches and maps of the topographic studies.
- Supervises the installation of polygonal facilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as a surveyor in underground mining projects.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of CAD based computer software such as AutoCAD, Datamine, Surpac etc.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Valid manual driver’s license.
Please send your detailed resume with Ref: UMS to email@example.com